Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Oh my aching back.

I had a pretty good weekend. I accomplished a lot and feel good about it. oooh oooh oooh I have to tell you what happened on Friday. Well actually Thursday last week.... mean person comes to my cubie and says "do you like country music?" I said yes, I listen to the local station. She says "Really, do you like country music?" I said I have been on the listeners advisory board for the local radio station for a about a year. End of conversation.
Friday I come in to work all ready for the weekend celebrating that my direct boss was taking a vacation day and not a lot of people were in the office. Mean person comes up to me and says here. She produces a copy of the latest Dixie Chicks CD. She has gone to all of the local outlets and bought all of the CD's and has given them away. She believes in the message they are sending and what they have done that she is buying them all up. I say thanks. Put it in my computer and listen. Not bad. Not great, but not bad. On a scale of buy or not I would say if it's on sale sure, otherwise wait. We had this long conversation about Dixie Chicks politics and her politics and all I said was yes. I may have different views than her, but I have an open mind. I understand her thought process and I have mine. That is what makes the world tolerant.
So that sent me in to a good weekend. That and I got an email from Snarkie and La Dolce we are going to get together soon!

No comments: