Monday, November 27, 2006

....and away we go!

As the hustle and bustle of the Christmas Season is upon us I would like to take a minute and reflect on my Thanksgiving. I had a medium house for the dinner/lunch itself, but I was bursting at the seams for dessert. We had my dad's cousins come over for dessert. All 5 of them in addition to the 7 we already had in the house. That makes for cramped quarters. It truly was wonderful to have all of the people at the house for Thanksgiving.

Now on to Black Friday. I woke up 3 hours before 0' dark thirty and went to the toy store and secured my bargains for Christmas 1.75 hours and then proceeded to Target. What a shopping nightmare that was. There were hundreds of people in line and all I had were 2 board games. I saw the lights for the express line and thought to myself no way... they can't be using those lines when there were seriously over a hundred people in the line to check out. Lo and behold they were "express lanes" and they were taking people with 7-10 items or less. OOhhhh this is good. I bypass the line that was literally 3 hours long and I check out in 15 minutes. There was this guy who was grabbing 7 items at a time out of his overflowing cart and checking out over and over again. Very clever that man. So there we have it folks. We were in and out in 1.5 hour. Then we go to the mall. Not so bad there. Tons of deals to be had at Macy's. BonTon was a line nightmare. 2 hours in line. I did meet a bunch of people who were shopping at Kohl's and had bargains galore. for me there was nothing that I needed there. I am not at the stage of needing the expensive electronics so I was not needing to be in line for a "limited quantity available" items. All in all I was done by 1:00 ish and I was happy.

Saturday I ventured back to a different mall and found more bargains, and that concludes my shopping. NYC countdown 5 days.

enjoy life

No comments: