Thursday, March 08, 2007

Getting Lazy

It's not that I have nothing to say, it's not that I don't have the time to say Hiya. Well, that may be partially true, but I just can't seem to get my thoughts together.
So here is one that has been brewing for you.

I had scheduled a series of interviews for a job opening in my current organization. We (me & HR) call on two people who were referred by a recruiter. The first one came in smelling like a pack of day old smokes, and went in to too much detail about her baby mamma drama. The second came in pretty much together and in my opinion under dressed for the interview, but dressed appropriately for the position. The third was dressed appropriately, however she kept looking out the big window we have in the office and swaying her head.

I have made a decision.

When the time comes, and the position is right, I am pretty confident that I will not have a problem finding a job if the pool to choose from is anything like what I saw. I am still absolutely amazed. I reflected on how I interviewed for my current position. I took a shower that morning, wore a suit in a neat and trendy manor, I brushed my teeth, touched up the makeup and made sure I was not smelly. I looked the interviewers in the eye and answered their questions. That is all.

I guess people are not reading those tips on the websites for interviewing techniques, and they wonder why they are not getting the job.

There is hope for me!

enjoy life!

No comments: