Friday, March 31, 2006

All you need is love

The kind of love that grows in time. The kind that no matter how far away you are you know that you are loved. My grandma will turn 90 this week. Her brother flew in from Florida to be with her for her special day. Her brother is 82. How great is that. My grandma is a great woman. She got her masters in Library Science and is a huge advocate of reading. She was married to my grandpa for almost 50 years when he unexpectedly passed in 1980. She still lives in the same house that she raised her family in. I see her, but not as much as I would like to. We are going to be celebrating her birthday this weekend and I cannot wait to spend some time with her. Every time I think of 90 years I realize what she has seen, what has been invented, and how much knowledge she has and that no one even thought to ask. I am looking forward to visiting with her, and I hope that it turns out to be a great weekend. Sometimes family makes you crazy, but when your brother who is 82 comes to visit for your birthday that is a lot of love! And sometimes that is all you need.

side note:
I HAVE A NEW ROOF

No comments: