Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Behavior

We all have behavior issues. Some people do not know how to get along with others and some do. Some tolerate others and some don't. Teaching behavior is another issue.
I would like to think that I am a tolerant person, where if you (not you the reader) are a complete asshat I will still tolerate your dumb ass for the sake of others. There are many in my life that I tolerate. They are all family. Not all mine, but family none the less.
Clearly there is something wrong with your behavior when people specifically do not want to see you or avoid you. I have a family member (through marriage) who went to visit another and when she arrived she was told to go away. Get the clue that some serious repair work is needed. The best part is that she was eavesdropping in on a conversation prior to going in to the room, and heard some pieces of information that were specifically relating to her behavior. She then had to call one of the people in the room out to see if she was ok to go in.

There is also something wrong when you (again not you the reader) the supposed adult is in charge of watching a child and when the child gets out of control instead of normal means of punishment you take what ever toy is in front of you and you hit the child. Where is the lesson?
Both my husband & I place Bud in his room and he must stay there until he is ready to say he is sorry and specify what he did to deserve time out. This is a universal practice I believe. Well that is unless you are the afore mentioned "adult".
It bothers me to no end. I do not know for sure how to deal with this "adult", but I know for sure that it is not going to last much longer.

So my high strung son is all about testing the limits and needing to be put in his place. He is not an angel and I never put him on that pedestal, but some how my mother does. She also is aware of the whole time out thing, but she also does not know how to say no and she spoils Bud all the time.

I love my family and my friends (congrats grad! David enjoy Clarkson U) and I hope that if I were to be so stupid or do something so stupid that you would not want to be in the same room with me I would know so I can make it right. Clearly my family has no clue on apologies and consideration.

enjoy life

No comments: