Friday, April 21, 2006

Prayers to you my friend and the family of your loved one lost.

The age old question.... Why do bad things happen to good people? I don't mean that while you were cleaning the china you accidentally broke a piece. I mean when babies are robbed of their mommies and husbands are robbed of their wives. Good people in the prime of their young lives, doing good things. Today is a beautiful day. The wind is warm on my cheek and it is not too hot out. The sun is blazing in the sky and it is truly a glorious day.
I received an email from a very dear friend which sparked off a frenzy of email love to other friends and family. Her friend has passed suddenly while carrying her unborn child. The child has since been brought in to the world and with all of the love that a grieving husband can muster he will carry on in love. Love for his wife and love for his child.
So I ask you again, why do bad things happen to good people? I do not want to know what the life lesson is here because it is always the same. ...... you will not get more than you can handle.......they are in a far better place now........they were part of a bigger and better plan.....this too shall pass......yadda yadda yadda.

Sorry, that is not good enough. All a stranger can say (since that is what I am) is I am so sorry. I am so very sorry. As I carry on today and tomorrow with my husband and my son, in a cruel twisted fate, I am so sorry. I will pray for your strength and for that of your child. I will think of you every once in a while and hope that things are going well. That is the best I can offer. I am thousands of miles away and the only thing I can do is wish you strength in the coming days....months....years.

La Dolce Vita my prayers are with you as well and I wish you the same strength to get through this.

No comments: