Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Addiction!
The first step is admitting that you have a problem.

My name is mommyrox and I am an addict. I did not realize how much so until just the other day. I realized it when at 11:00 I got out of bed and had to go to the source. There I was at 2:30 in the morning, 3:30 in the morning just staring watching...... Then all of a sudden it's 6:00 am and my husband comes out of the bedroom and says what is going on? I am addicted to the Olympics. That was harder than I thought it would be. It started simply enough watching the recap of the opening ceremonies after I came home from the Amerks game. My addiction then progressed with the speed skating, then the skiing, ladies hockey, snowboarding the half pipe, and oh yes the figure skating. The most dangerous part of it all is when I was up at the afore mentioned 2:30 am watching curling. Yes, I was one of them. That was the defining moment when I realized that there was a problem. Who in their right mind watches curling at 2:30 in the morning.
I clearly had dependency issues when the Westminster dog show was on in competition with the Olympics. Especially when the Rotti (my breed of choice) & the Pug (La Dolce Vitas breed) were in the Best in Show. I had to do what I hate the most. Flip the channel.

Now on to the Men's hockey. I am waiting and counting down the hours until I can catch the game. I just don't know how I am going to handle the withdrawal that will soon follow in the coming days. I had an enormous high when in the short program the USA pairs team completed I believe to be a first for the history of the Olympics, a triple throw, but that was replaced by a crushing blow when Apolo Anton Ohno fell, however I will deal with the disappointment and get through it. With the help of my friends I will succeed and be a better, stronger person.

My name is mommyrox and I am an addict!
Thank you.

No comments: