Monday, February 06, 2006

Snow is here!!!!
JOY

I suppose that is a sign of be careful of what you wish for. The snow is flying and has been for the past day and a half. The wind is a bit stronger that I like, but I won't complain too much. In reality this makes me happy, except for the fact that I did not wear boots today. What was I thinking or rather not thinking (obviously fashion not function).

I am not a typical go out and party gal. Reading between the lines it means I never go anywhere I am a home body. I did however make it to a small gig this weekend and saw a great band called The X's (see them at thex-s.com). If they make it to your neck of the woods you have to see them. In my opinion it is money well spent. I would like to plan a road trip to see them again, but money and time are a factor. I listen to a WIDE range of music, and in my younger days I was a music junkie. Now....not so much.

I did watch the Super Bowl and the commercials. I was hoping that the Seahawks would have won, not for any reason other that they were the underdogs. Now, on to the half-time show. Growing up I was never able to understand the lyrics to a majority of the Rolling Stones songs. That is not a bad thing, it is just the way it was. Now that they are older and the censors got to them I could understand every word of Start me up. The song did not have the same meaning or the same vibe as if I did not understand all of the words. Very disappointing to me the listener. The Stones are a great band and the censors did them wrong.

I will now bid thee a fond farewell and hope that I remember the boots tomorrow.

No comments: