Monday, February 20, 2006

Home home on the range


Well you might be asking yourself how is that roof thing going? Let me tell you, not so good. There was snow and more wind so the estimate guy could not look at the damage and provide an estimate for obvious reasons. What is the next step? Your guess is as good as mine. Roof man says I'll be back in a day or two to see if I can get on that roof. OK pal, I really don't have a day or two. This is my roof we're talking about. So I am giving him until 5:00 today to give me the numbers. If there are no numbers today I am going to turn in to " Mean Mommy". Yup that is what my bud calls me when all of the buttons have been pushed. This guy does not want to see the mean mommy. It is not pretty.
Normally, I think that I am a tolerant and patient person, but we are talking my home. Now I realize that are no gaping holes or big patches of shingle missing, but a couple dozen here and there are a lot in my world of home ownership. I spent most of the weekend waiting for this guy to show up, and climb that roof so I could get the estimate to the insurance adjustor. Not a very productive weekend.
I did catch the Olympics naturally. I must say those ski jumpers are pretty neat, and that Shauni Davis was impressive in the speed skating.

No comments: