Tuesday, February 21, 2006

There she blows........

What part of as soon as possible did you not catch? Apparently I have called the GUMP of roofers. "perhaps I can put an estimate in your door sometime tomorrow" this guy says. URRGGHHH!
So I said ok, but it needs to be the detailed estimate that the insurance guy needs. "Well I am not sure that I can do that, there is a lot of work needed". Hello.... anyone home? My reply "so did we waste my time, or can you do this? It is winter and I have roof parts missing." he says "Yeah I can be there tomorrow". So I called someone else that I was referred to. Let's hope this goes better. Am I asking too much? I mean I know I am not Donald Trump and I don't live in a palace with loads of dollars, but I do have .... I was about to say I have a roof over my head, but clearly that is not the case right now. Jeesh! I am getting a bit grumpy. I think I need a time out.

So, again last night with the Olympics I don't know what it is. I can't help myself. I was watching ice dancing and the ski jumpers. Those kids jumping were 19 years old. Can you imaging going to the Olympics at 19. The ice dancers were pretty cool. Apparently something happened to the Canadian team, because Team USA said "our silver medal is great, but our thoughts are with (two names I don't recall) from Canada". What a nice sentiment. Compassion is a great thing.

No comments: