Thursday, October 26, 2006

Happy Birthday Grandpa



Happy Birthday Grandpa. I know that this one is going to be a tough one, but we love you and want you to have a happy birthday.

Halloween is just around the corner, what is really disturbing is the fact that the Christmas decorations are out. That is just wrong! They should not be out until after Halloween. Period. While I am shopping for my Halloween stuff I do not want to be rushed in to Christmas. I understand the deal with Thanksgiving, but Christmas...come on. Wegmans the large grocery store in my area has the trees out already. Some stores will start their piped in muzak as well on November 1. This is craziness. The advertisements for the toys are on the TV as well. This morning during cartoons there must have been 5 commercials for new toys. Most are the power ranger and barbie variety. Now I do not mind the toys, but the target marketing time sucks. I am trying to get dressed for work, and Bud screams at the top of his little lungs "Mommy mommy come here quick!" I run like a lunatic in the room and he says "look mommy.... I want that." My reaction is to tell Santa. Mommy does not buy toys for the sake of buying. Since this is the first year of fully comprehending the Santa and gift bit, I think that we now need to look in to letting him know that He will not get all of the toys that he wants. 29 days till Black Friday!

enjoy life

No comments: