Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Rude or not you decide.

So there is this girl that I have not had any contact with since she left the company pretty much a year ago. Not even the courtesy of an email to say hello from her in the past year. Today I get an email soliciting money for a fundraiser that she is doing.
Hi!
I am raising money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society as a participant in their Light The Night Walk. I am walking in honor of my mother-in-law, xxxxxxxx, who has courageously fought the battle against lymphoma and is currently in remission. Each donation helps accelerate cures for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma and brings hope to the patients and families who are on the front lines of the battle against these diseases.


Now I ask, what would you do? I would never ask her to buy anything nor would I send such an impersonal email to my friends soliciting money. I think it is rude. I am not the queen of etiquette, but I think that I have the basic skills of what is and what is not in good taste. I feel for her mother-in-law. I wil pray for her mother-in-law, but if you want money from me do it right and not like that.

That is it for now more to come!

enjoy life

No comments: