Friday, August 04, 2006

Birthdays

Last night we celebrated the birthday of Papa. Bud was so excited to give him his present he wanted to open it for him too. My dad being the ever tolerant man (where was that tolerance when I was a kid?) says sure Bud. We can all open the present. Three children and one adult opening 1 gift. Here is a guy who loves the grandchildren more than just about anything else in the world and lets them get away with anything. The home of my parents has become the land of the free. Kids can do what ever they want, eat what ever they want, stay up as late as they want. Where was this when I was a kid? I had strict bed time and I was not allowed to eat 3 popsicles in 15 minutes, and if I had the cartoons on all night I would be grounded from the TV.
I guess this is what makes my parents happy. My dad has said that this was the best birthday ever. In all there was my spineless brother, his wife, and their two kids, my hubs, mom, and Bud. That did make for a nice dinner and with the children being so young it thankfully took all of the potential for conversation out of the event. Since it took all of my energy not to lunge over the table and rip my brothers eyes out, pour some common sense in the holes and then put them back in. It felt pretty good to say that if I must say so.
So anyways it was a lovely dinner and as always Mr. Cerame has out done himself.

enjoy life

No comments: